South African President Cyril Ramaphosa may call in more troops onto the streets of South African cities. That’s because an army and police struggled to quell days of looting and violence, while some citizens armed themselves to protect their property and businesses from the rampage, according to Reuters.
The news agency reports more than 70 people have been killed in the unrest, the worst in South Africa for years, and hundreds of businesses wrecked. Food and fuel supplies are running short, the agency says.
“Triggered by the jailing of ex-president Jacob Zuma last week after he failed to appear at a corruption inquiry, its has widened into an orgy of looting and an outpouring of anger over the hardship and inequality that persist in South Africa 27 years after the end of apartheid. Reuters reports.
We need to pray. I created a prayer video with which you can pray along (see above.)
Here are prayer points:
- Pray against the spirit of violence and anarchy.
- Pray for wisdom and strategy for the South African government in how to deal with this situation.
- Pray for God’s intervention.
- Pray for protection of all businesses but mainly small family businesses who are losing their entire livelihoods.
- Pray for divine protection over the innocent.
- Pray that those causing the violence will encounter God and the guilty be apprehended.
- Pray for justice and support of all law abiding law enforcement members.
Are you an intercessor? Connect with the Awakening Prayer Hubs movement at www.awakeningprayerhubs.com. Find a hub, start a hub or sponsor a hub.
The post Watchman Alert: Deadly Violence Manifests in South Africa appeared first on Awakening Prayer Hubs.